During the coronavirus outbreak, we want you to know that DRB is here to help. We will provide updates and helpful information as the situation progresses via email and here on this webpage. If we can do anything to help you during this time, please contact the Knowledge Center at 330.645.3299.
DRB is open and continues to serve the car wash industry. As the coronavirus pandemic evolves and “hot spots” emerge throughout the country, we are continually making adjustments to keep our employees and customers safe. We are following best practices for sanitizing, social distancing, mask-wearing, etc. We are also closely monitoring state and local Covid data as well as any travel restrictions and CDC guidance to inform decisions on travel and in-person interactions with our customers.
Office Visitors Policy
We are committed to the safety of our team members and visitors. In our efforts to stop the spread of COVID-19, we have established the safety guidelines below. Please review them before your scheduled visit to our offices.
- Please check your temperature before you arrive on the day of your visit and utilize the COVID-19 Health Assessment below. If you answer yes to any questions below, please re-schedule your visit.
- Please practice social distancing, which is staying 6 feet from others, whenever possible, during your visit.
- Face coverings are required in all common areas, including the entry areas of our offices. If you have your own face covering, please bring it with you for your visit.
- During meetings, please continue to wear your face covering if you cannot socially distance. If all attendees agree and everyone maintains social distance, attendees may remove their face coverings.
COVID-19 Health Assessment
If you answer yes to any questions below, please re-schedule your visit.
1. Have you been in close contact (within 6 feet for at least 10 minutes) in the last 14 days with someone diagnosed with COVID-19?
2. Have you been contacted by any health department and advised to quarantine?
3. Have you experienced any of the following symptoms in the last 14 days?
Fever of 100.4 or greater
Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
New loss of taste or smell
FatigueMuscle or body aches
Congestion or runny nose
Nausea or Vomiting
Additional safety measures you can expect during your visit:
- We are committed to a daily cleaning schedule using products approved by the EPA for use against COVID-19.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the building and restrooms are available in our lobby and on each floor for handwashing.
- Furnishings have been rearranged to enable social distancing of 6 feet.
After reviewing our safety information, if you feel it is not a good time to visit our offices, please reach out to the person that scheduled the meeting promptly. Please note, guidelines for visitation will be updated as the COVID-19 pandemic situation changes. Please check back prior to visiting our offices before each visit.
UPS Shipping Notice
Effective March 26, 2020 and until further notice, UPS has suspended its small package guarantees due to the impact of the coronavirus outbreak on their operations. This means DRB cannot guarantee delivery times for packages, particularly overnight packages.
Please visit the UPS site for more information, and contact the Knowledge Center if you have any questions.
Sanitizing Pay Stations and Touchscreens
Here are some tips for keeping your DRB equipment as clean as possible during the coronavirus outbreak:
- Wipe XPTs and touchscreen terminals repeatedly throughout the day with a cloth or paper towel dampened with a solution of 30% water and 70% Isopropyl alcohol. If Isopropyl alcohol is not available, you can use water and mild dish soap. Don’t allow liquid to saturate or pool on equipment.
- Commercially available disinfectant wipes that use 70% isopropyl alcohol are ok, but they must not include bleach.
- Nitrile gloves can be worn by employees and will interact fine with the touchscreens.
- A stylus that is compatible with p-cap (projected capacitive) or capacitive touchscreens may be used.
Instructions for Temporarily Closing Your Car Wash
If you are planning to temporarily close your wash due to the coronavirus outbreak, it’s not necessary to shut down any of your DRB equipment. Most importantly, DO NOT shut down your SiteWatch® server. If it is shut down, the Automatic Recharge Module® will not be able to perform recharges.
- Remove money from all terminals
- Open cash registers that are visible from the outside so that it’s obvious that they are empty
- Switch XPTs to the closed profile and put gate arms up to reduce complaints and damage
If there is any way we can be of assistance, please contact us at 330-645-3299 or Knowledgecenter@drbsystems.com.