During the coronavirus outbreak, we want you to know that DRB is here to help. We will provide updates and helpful information as the situation progresses via email and here on this webpage. If we can do anything to help you during this time, please contact the Knowledge Center at 330.645.3299.
DRB Systems Operations
Our number one priority is the health and safety of our customers and employees. As the Covid-19 outbreak continues to evolve, we want to keep you up-to-date on how we are responding to the situation.
Ohio Governor Mike DeWine has issued a Stay-At-Home Order impacting our headquarters and warehouse facilities in Ohio. Maryland Governor Larry Hogan has issued a similar restriction impacting our production facility in Maryland. Thus starting tomorrow, we will have a limited amount of staff members in our facilities to perform basic operations. We are still able to ship orders Monday through Friday, including after-market equipment, parts and supplies as well as system orders. At this time, we are no longer able to offer Saturday and Sunday shipments. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Fortunately, we have systems and procedures in place that allow our Knowledge Center and After Market Sales teams to work remotely, and we do not expect there to be any significant impact to supporting our customers.
We thank you for your patience and are dedicated as always to providing you the highest level of support possible during this unprecedented situation.
Stay healthy and please contact the Knowledge Center at 330.645.3299 with any questions.
UPS Shipping Notice
Effective March 26, 2020 and until further notice, UPS has suspended its small package guarantees due to the impact of the coronavirus outbreak on their operations. This means DRB cannot guarantee delivery times for packages, particularly overnight packages.
Please visit the UPS site for more information, and contact the Knowledge Center if you have any questions.
Sanitizing Pay Stations and Touchscreens
Here are some tips for keeping your DRB Systems equipment as clean as possible during the coronavirus outbreak:
- Wipe XPTs and touchscreen terminals repeatedly throughout the day with a cloth or paper towel dampened with a solution of 30% water and 70% Isopropyl alcohol. If Isopropyl alcohol is not available, you can use water and mild dish soap. Don’t allow liquid to saturate or pool on equipment.
- Commercially available disinfectant wipes that use 70% isopropyl alcohol are ok, but they must not include bleach.
- Nitrile gloves can be worn by employees and will interact fine with the touchscreens.
- A stylus that is compatible with p-cap (projected capacitive) or capacitive touchscreens may be used.
Instructions for Temporarily Closing Your Car Wash
If you are planning to temporarily close your wash due to the coronavirus outbreak, it’s not necessary to shut down any of your DRB Systems equipment. Most importantly, DO NOT shut down your SiteWatch® server. If it is shut down, the Automatic Recharge Module will not be able to perform recharges.
- Remove money from all terminals
- Open cash registers that are visible from the outside so that it’s obvious that they are empty
- Switch XPTs to the closed profile and put gate arms up to reduce complaints and damage
If there is any way we can be of assistance, please contact us at 330-645-3299 or Knowledgecenter@drbsystems.com.