Automatic Recharge Module® Signs
New sign package from DRB Systems generates monthly pass sales.
Let customers know about your monthly pass program and the time-saving convenience it offers them with our ARM Sign Package. Consisting of five, attractive carwash-ready signs, this package serves as an extra sales person, communicating with customers about your monthly pass plans at the point of sale. The ARM Sign Package includes the following:
- One 2’ x 10’ banner that’s ideal for hanging over your tunnel entrance
- Two double-sided 28” x 44” Windmaster inserts made from weather resistant Coroplast and designed to fit easily into Windmaster sign stands, which are available from your local sign shop or at www.MDIWorldwide.com
- Two single-sided 24” x 36” signs made from Sintra, a light, yet rigid board that can be mounted inside your tunnel or hung in your lobby.
Why You Should Invest In The ARM Sign Package
- It’s an effective way to promote one of your carwash’s most profitable services - monthly passes, which have been shown to lock in loyalty and generate a steady revenue stream that’s resistant to fluctuations in the weather and the economy.
- It saves valuable time over designing and producing signs yourself. No need for you to worry about explaining your concept to an artist or dealing with a sign company; we’ve done all that for you. Our signs are ready to go.
- It contributes to the overall image of your carwash. Our signs are attractive and stylish, so they’ll make a positive impression on all customers, even those who aren’t in the market for monthly passes.
Weather Resistant Revenue™
Signs sell – it’s one of the oldest and truest axioms in retailing. Now DRB Systems is bringing the power of signs to generate monthly pass sales at your carwash with the new SiteWatch ARM Sign Package. The new package features five attention-grabbing, weather-resistant signs designed to be positioned over the tunnel entrance, inside the tunnel and/or lobby, and on the lot.
Total cost of the sign package is $750. Based on the results from an exterior carwash that served as a test site for the new package, operators who install the SiteWatch ARM signs should see a quick return on this investment. The test site carwash, which had been selling monthly passes for a little over one year, saw its monthly pass sales rise by an impressive 104% in the months after the signs were put in place.
The five signs in the SiteWatch ARM package include:
- One 2’ x 10’ weather resistant vinyl banner that is ideal for hanging over the tunnel entrance where it is certain to be seen by every customer who enters. The banner is also designed to be used on walls behind cashiers at full-service sites, as well as on the tunnel building at the vacuum area or at the tunnel exit facing customers as they enter a site.
- Two double-sided 28” by 44” Windmaster Insert signs made from durable Coroplast that can be strategically positioned in high-visibility areas throughout a site’s lot.
- Two single-sided 24” by 36” signs made from long-lasting Sintra board, a rugged PVC material that can be positioned inside the tunnel, on the walls in lobbies, with menu boards or at an XPT station.
Professionally created for DRB Systems, the signs in the package are designed to blend with any carwash décor, with their blue and neutral color scheme, eye-pleasing photos and soft contemporary styling. Short and to the point, the text on the signs reads easily yet drives home the key selling points of monthly passes, such as time-saving convenience.
The copy on all of the signs refers to the generalized “Monthly Passes” or “Unlimited Monthly Passes”, and do not mention “SiteWatch” or “DRB Systems,” so they can support the branding efforts of carwash operators, rather than conflict with the specific names they market their monthly pass plans under. Click here to see samples of the signs.
“Using the general copy ‘Monthly Passes’ on the signs is kind of like a restaurant putting up a sign that reads 'We Serve Breakfast.' It’s not the same branding you get by naming specific breakfast dishes on the menu, but it catches attention, informs customers and ultimately drives them to act,” said Ken Brott, Vice President of Sales and Marketing at DRB Systems.
Extensive market research supports the connection between point-of-purchase signage and increased sales. A two year study conducted by the University of San Diego found that adding just one sign to the average retail business generates a 4.75% sales increase. Another study of 250 supermarkets by Proctor & Gamble and Anheuser-Busch found that the addition of point-of-purchase material such as signs increased sales up to 65% depending on the product.
Any step a carwash operator can take to increase enrollment in a SiteWatch ARM monthly pass plan offers real benefits, especially during challenging times. Monthly passes lock in customer loyalty and generate a steady revenue stream that isn’t dependent on the weather or day-to-day changes in local economic conditions. Most monthly pass members tend to stick with their plans even when times are tough.
Proven Performance In The Real World
After Brad Pavlak of Country Clean Car Wash (Hartville, Ohio) installed the ARM Sign Package, he increased monthly pass sales by 44%. This helped him enjoy a 14% plus increase in dollar volume in 2009, despite the fact that unemployment in his county more than doubled over the two previous years.